Whether you have had your New Year’s Eve party planned for months or have found yourself offering to host one at the last minute, The LuxPad has gathered some priceless hosting advice. Harlequin London specialize in luxury tableware, lighting and decorative accessories and are experts at creating bespoke, elegant and unique interiors. They know the importance of creating a warm and inviting home to entertain in especially during the festive season. Here Jamie Horton, MD at Harlequin London shares his tips for hosting a New Year’s Eve party…
The best advice when hosting a New Year’s Eve party is to not over plan. At Christmas there are so many details to think about but as long as you have great food and drinks, plenty of candles to set the mood and a great playlist your guests are sure to have a good time however adding details that reflect your personality and style really do add another dimension to your event.
- Drinks trolleys or bar carts are experiencing a revival and the festive season is perfect time to put them to use. Create an elegant and refined atmosphere and create a separate drinks station for entertaining and a focal point for the room. Choose exquisite accessories including ice buckets, tongs, shakers and bottle openers to sit alongside eye-catching glassware that not only sets the scene but also allows your guests to create their own drinks adding an element of fun to the evening.
- Ensure you have a wide range of different glasses at a party – choose a selection of beautiful glassware that will really make a statement and form part of the decor of your bar cart. Here go for jewel-toned glasses including martini, champagne and highballs for visual impact. For wine, the new Saint-Louis Twist glasses have three beautiful designs that have been created to bring out the wine flavours and are designed for young wines (below 5 years), mature wines (above 5 years) and sparkling wines.
- When it comes to hosting New Year’s ensure you have plenty of substantial canapés for your guests that are easy to serve. You don’t want to spend too much of your time in the kitchen making food on the night. For a more glamorous way to serve food, use elegant silver trays to serve up canapés and display round the room.
- Attention to detail adds that extra special element to your celebrations. Add some charm and send out hand written invitations to your guests. Create a signature cocktail for your party or create a personalized playlist but asking your guests to submit three of their favourite songs.
- Lighting is especially important for creating ambience – certainly during the festive season you can never have too many candles. Display different styles of candleholders and tealights around the room and add ones of differing heights to create extra interest and drama.
Whatever occasion you are hosting this festive season, be creative and opt for unique details for an event that reflects your personal style and one that your guests are sure to remember.
Get party ready with Amara’s range of stylish and practical barware – perfect for celebrations whatever the occasion.