- English language
- Dimensions: W40xL47.5xD8cm
- Pages: 234
- With 200 illustrations
- Handcrafted volume in luxury linen clamshell case with metal plaque
- Celebrating the storied palace
- Released in November 2020
- Supplier code: 9781614289623
- Barcode: 9781614289623
Step inside the glittering Château de Versailles from the comfort of your sofa thanks to Assouline’s luxury volume, Versailles: From Louis XIV to Jeff Koons. Recounting the most important historical, social, and cultural milestones of Versailles, beginning with the original proposal for a modest hunting lodge requested by Louis XIII in 1623, this tome is a must for luxury design fans. From the first great constructions under Louis XIV, to its reimagining by Louis-Philippe in 1837 as a museum dedicated to all the glories of France, Versailles has truly seen many momentous occasion and renowned visitors. Beautifully illustrated with archival images and beautiful photography, it features insightful texts by Catherine Pégard, president of the Château de Versailles, with the collaboration of Mathieu da Vinha, scientific director of the Château de Versailles Research Centre.
Proudly display this book in style with the Assouline Book Stand.
Delivery & Returns
UK DeliveryFind out more about UK delivery
- Are you shopping from United States?
- Standard Delivery - £8.40
- Free delivery for orders over £147
- International_express delivery - £33.60
- Free delivery for orders over £0