Candle & Diffuser Care Guide
Caring for your candles
Candles need to be treated well to ensure they live up to their full potential. The burning time of each candle can be dramatically shortened if they are not cared for as suggested:
- Store candles in a cool, dry place, preferably flat to prevent warping and out of direct sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, as this can cause fading.
- Ensure wicks are trimmed to half an inch in length and reposition them after each lighting (once the wax has cooled but is still soft) to avoid crookedness. Both long and uneven wicks can emit smoke, cause rapid or irregular burning as well as dripping, so make sure to use wick trimmers to keep them at the correct length.
- To remove dust, fingerprints and any dirt that has gathered on your candle, gently rub the surface with a piece of nylon or a damp soft cloth.
- Wax drippings can be removed from the holder by running hot water over the surface which will soften the wax, the same method can be used for getting wax off of washable fabrics, however scrape as much excess residue as possible off first.
- When burning candles that are not in holders, make sure they are kept at least two and a half inches apart.
- Avoid burning candles in glass vessels that has not been specifically designed to hold candles as these are not able to withstand the changing temperatures that take place when they are lit.
- Always ensure that candles are not alight near any combustible materials.
- Keep out of reach of children & pets at all times and never leave them burning overnight.
- Extinguish candles when they get within two inches of their holders or decorations.
- Avoid hot wax spattering by holding your finger in front of the flame whilst blowing, the air will then go around your finger and extinguish the flame on both sides.
Diffuser Care & safety
Whilst diffusers are relatively care-free, they still need to be used with caution:
- The aromatic oil usually contains alcohol and is therefore extremely flammable, ensure that diffusers are kept away from open flames at all times and never attempt to light them unless specifically instructed to (as with catalytic diffusers).
- Do not display the product directly on polished, finished or fabric surfaces as damage can occur if the liquid is spilt.
- Keep them out of reach of children and pets at all times.
- Placement is extremely important to get the most out of your diffusers, with certain factors such as heat and open windows capable of altering the scent longevity.
- For optimum results ensure diffusers are not placed on window sills, lighted fireplaces or any other heat and draught sources.