Cire Trudon first began in 1643, when a salesman named Claude Trudon arrived in Paris and became the owner of a store in Rue Saint Honore. He was a grocer but also a wax merchant and supplied his customers with candles for lighting their homes and for the parish. On the eve of Louis XIV’s reign, Trudon thus created a small family manufacturing business that was to carry his name forward and make the fortune of his heirs.
His son Jacques also became a shopkeeper and wax producer and entered the court of Versailles in 16897, as apothecary distiller of the King’s wife. In 1737, Hierosme Trudon purchased the most famous wax factories of the era from the official wax provider to King Louis XV. Cire Trudon grew and began supplying the French court and the most important churches. The Cire Trudon company supplied Versailles until the very end of the monarchy. As Napoleon’s wax producer during the Empire, the company survived the arrival of domestic lighting and the birth of the ‘electric revolution’ continuing to prosper.
Cire Trudon continued its work throughout the centuries, without ever interrupting its activity, particularly through the making of traditional candles and perfumed candles for the greatest names. It is now the oldest and most prestigious wax manufacturer in the world.
44 matching products, priced from $ 30.00 to $ 340.00