The Great Amara Catch Up With Head Of Web Dev Ross!
On our journey to catch up with members of the Amara team, we spend five minutes chatting with Head Of Web Dev Ross Motley!
- What is your role and how long have you been at Amara?
I’m the head of development, and I’ve had my 10 year Amara-anniversary this year! I’ve only been an Amara employee for the past 3 years though, and did work for other clients before that.
- What was your first impression of the company when you walked through the door?
Amara was around 5 people when I walked through the door, and I was struck by the family feel, which I think has remained to this day.
- Favourite part of Amara life?
Probably the lunches – in the London office we have lunch together as often as possible and play a lot of table tennis.
- If you could work in any other team for a day, which would it be and why?
I think I would choose Graphics – I like the balance between creativity and constraints. They get to craft a lot of what our customer sees, too.
- What is your most memorable Amara moment?
There are lots! Moving into our new London office, visting the warehouse for the first time, the huge social events, seeing the big projects go live…
- What couldn’t you live without and why?
I am someone who needs a project. Of course I could live without one, but I’d be on the look out for the next.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
I’d have the super power of having any super power, then I wouldn’t have to choose.