Say hello to Junior Copywriter Rebecca!
Today we spend a few moments with Junior Copywriter Rebecca! Affectionately known as Becie, we find out how well she’s settled into the team and what she got up to before joining Amara…
- What were you doing before you joined Amara?
I had just graduated from a Media & Communications degree at Birmingham City University and briefly worked as a Quality Controller, overseeing the production of hats for Topman, Topshop and Asos.
- What is your role at Amara and what part of it do you enjoy the most?
I am a Junior Copywriter. I love flicking through catalogues looking at all the wonderful products I am about to write copy for and I really enjoy finding out more about each brand’s unique story.
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
Olly Murs used to go to my secondary school so when he was in The X Factor finals he arrived at my school in a helicopter with Simon Cowell and I even got a kiss on the cheek from them both!
- What does your perfect weekend look like?
I love exploring cities that I have never visited before, a relaxed city break would be my idea of a weekend well spent but I equally love a trip to London to see a musical and drink lots of cocktails!
- If you had to, what department would you swap with for one day?
The Studio. I would love to get creative styling and shooting lifestyle images at the beautiful locations they visit.
- If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
I absolutely love wildlife so it is my dream to go on an African safari and stay in a hotel that looks out onto the savanna.
- Name a new thing that you would love to try.
I would love to try something thrilling as I am the furthest thing from a thrill seeker. Skydiving would be an amazing experience but I doubt I will ever have the courage!
- We all know that everyone at Amara loves their food! If you had to eat one meal/food, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Can’t beat fish and chips!