The Great Amara Catch Up With Freddie!
This week we are catching up with Freddie, Amara’s Product Strategist. Freddie tells us all about his role and how life has changed at Amara over the last six years…
- What is your role and how long have you been at Amara?
Digital Product Strategist – I don’t work with buying the products, but more looking to give our customers the best experience whilst they buy the products. I’ve been here almost 6 years now.
- What was your first impression of the company when you walked through the door?
When I joined in 2012, there must have been only about 12 or 13 people in the business and it had a very inclusive, family feel about it. Never looked back.
- Favourite part of Amara life?
The internal events we all get to take part in, from desk decorating at Christmas, pumpkin carving at Halloween, to all the charity days we get involved with that always involved plenty of cakes.
- If you could work in any other team for a day, which would it be and why?
Would have to be Buying – just to try and find out how they choose, of the millions of products in the world, which ones we should sell at Amara.
- What is your most memorable Amara moment?
Probably has to be dressing up as an elf during my first Christmas at Amara, there’s probably a photo floating about still, it comes out every Christmas.
- If money was not a concern what would you do every day if you didn’t work?
Definitely never stop travelling, seeing all parts of the world.