The Great Amara Catch Up With Finance Assistant Abbie!
Today we spend a few moments in the “best spot” of the Amara office with finance assistant Abbie! We talk all things Amara, sloths and what would keep her going on a desert island…
- What is your role and how long have you been at Amara?
I’m the Finance Assistant and longest serving member of the team (ALWAYS have to get that in) for over 3 years now.
- What was your first impression of the company when you walked through the door?
I had simultaneous thoughts of – ‘this looks nothing like the inside of a chicken shed’ and ‘where’s the Chickens?’
- Favourite part of Amara life?
Spending every day in what I consider to be the best spot in the office; views of the fields, Amara’s wildlife, my charming hanging baskets, plus I’m also in direct eye-line of the main entrance and I just lurrrve to people watch (um, who doesn’t?!).
- If you could work in any other team for a day, which would it be and why?
Not a ‘team’ as such, but one whole day as CEO would definitely be my monumental starting point. Aim high, right?
- What is your most memorable Amara moment?
The team were so quietly confident the day I received my final AAT results that they had already planned a celebratory Prosecco-filled lunch time. Clearly, they have more faith in my intellectual abilities than I do!
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
A sloth, so my slow traits would, conversely, be adored. Sloths are too cute.
- Name a new thing that you would love to try.
Horse-riding. Given that there is a Riding School just around the corner of the office, I feel like this is highly achievable.
- If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you take with you?
Large Pepperoni Passion, bottle of NZ Sauvignon and Ryan Gosling. Safe to say, I wouldn’t be leaving anytime soon.