The Great Amara Catch Up With Ems From Copy!
Today we catch up with Emily! Affectionately known as Ems, she’s one part of Amara’s Copywriting team, unicorn fudge making extraordinaire and cocktail connoisseur…
- What is your role and how long have you been at Amara?
I’m a senior copywriter and I’ve been here about five and a half years now. I write for our online magazine The LuxPad, general website copy and I’m also the content editor for the Amara Interior Blog Awards.
- What was your first impression of the company when you walked through the door?
That it was tiny! Everyone was in one small office at the front (there was only about 15 of us at the time) and the rest of the buildings were taken up with warehouse space, now we don’t hold any products on site and all the space is filled with people – which shows how much we’ve grown.
- Favourite part of Amara life?
The community feel, we really are like one big family most of the time and being surrounded be beautiful interior inspiration and products on a daily basis. Which is really dangerous for the bank account.
- If you could work in any other team for a day, which would it be and why?
I’d love to work in the studio or with our stylist styling the location shoots. I’m terrible at taking photos so would love to learn from our in-house photography experts and learn how to style the perfect interior shots.
- What is your most memorable Amara moment?
There’s been too many! Probably our first year at the races when we got to see McBusted – there’s a whole team Amara Busted jump video somewhere!
- If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
Photography, if we are talking work related skills, if not then make up artistry. I’ve always wanted to work in the movies/for TV doing special effects make up. But for now I’ll stick to experimenting for Halloween – last year I was a mean Ursula from the Little Mermaid.
- What is one of the things on your bucket list?
To road trip around the west coast of America. I’m desperately working out how to fit this in next year before I hit the big 3-0. If anyone would like a kidney, I have one going spare for a good price!
- You had to sing karaoke, what song would you pick?
Come on Eileen – it’s a copy team classic!