A Warm Welcome to USA Country Manager Catherine!
With the team ever-growing and new roles constantly evolving, today we spend a few moments with Amara’s first ever Country Manager for the USA, Catherine!
- What were you doing before you joined Amara?
I have worked in digital for 11 years, mostly within e-commerce. I contracted in other industries for 2 years before joining Amara, but before this I worked at Marks & Spencer, Kurt Geiger, Arcadia Group, and for Home Retail Group.
- What is your role at Amara and what part of it do you enjoy the most?
I am Country Manager for the USA. I lived in the US for 5 years during my early twenties, and I really enjoy being able to use first-hand knowledge of the culture to help plan our approach.
- Tell us something about you that might surprise us.
I have a degree in pharmaceutical chemistry, but really didn’t want to be locked in a lab all day. Never used it!
- Best advice anyone has ever given you?
You can only play with the hand that is dealt to you. Just do the best with what you’ve got.
- What couldn’t you live without?
My beautiful son William.
- What is one of the things on your bucket list?
Learning to play the piano.
- If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
I have always been fascinated by the deep south in the US. Somehow it seems like another world. I would love see what it is really like, and hear those lovely accents.
- If money was not a concern what would you do every day if you didn’t work?
Dance, sing, and play with my son.