A Warm Welcome to Trudy!
Today we catch up with Amara’s very first Trading Director, Trudy! Trudy tells us all about her typical day at Amara HQ, her pet peeves and her desire to swim with dolphins…
- What were you doing before you joined Amara?
I worked for House of Fraser for over 20 years. I worked for 10 years as a Merchandiser in the Fashion categories before heading up the central planning & trading function. Several years ago I then moved back to the product teams as Director of Merchandising for Homewares.
- What is your role at Amara and what part of it do you enjoy the most?
I am the Trading Director which means I am responsible for strategic product planning and stock management. I work closely with Finance and Marketing to agree the annual and weekly budgets and build the product sales and stock plans to deliver them. During the season I reforecast sales and adjust stocks up or down depending of recent trends to ensure we have the right amount of stock to deliver the targets.
- Tell us something about you that might surprise us
I help run a fitness programme on a Saturday morning for Witham Dolphins Swimming Club where my daughter is a competitive swimmer.
- What are some of your pet peeves?
Negativity! If you think you can’t do something you more than likely won’t succeed.
- What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you?
My Dad instilled in me from a very young age not to let anyone make me feel inferior and that you are capable of achieving your dreams if you put your mind to it.
- What couldn’t you live without and why?
My family as they give my life meaning.
- What is one of the things on your bucket list?
To swim with dolphins.
- If a genie gave you a wish what would you wish for?
An extra day at the weekend