A warm welcome to Lucy!
Today we catch up with a new member of the team, Amara’s very first PA to the Operations Board, Lucy! Lucy tells us about what she was up to before joining Amara, what she enjoys most about her role and her passion for travelling…
- What were you doing before you joined Amara?
Before joining Amara I was working in the Outpatient Department for the NHS.
- What is your role at Amara and what part of it do you enjoy the most?
I am the PA to the Operations Board. The part that I love the most is how varied each day is, no two days are same and I think that’s what makes every day exciting! I also love that I get to meet and speak to lots of different people, whether that be internally or visitors and clients who visit us here at Amara.
- Tell us something about you that might surprise us.
I was lucky enough to go backpacking around the world for four months with my dad, mum and sister when I was 8 and spent my 9th birthday in the air on my way to Australia!
- Best advice anyone has ever given you?
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
- What couldn’t you live without and why?
Cliché answer but of course my family and friends (and pizza).
- What is one of the things on your bucket list?
To volunteer for a few weeks in a turtle sanctuary and rescue conservation in Fiji.
- If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
Positano in Italy, it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen and I can just imagine how good the pizza and pasta would be!
- If money was not a concern what would you do every day if you didn’t work?
If money was not a concern and I didn’t work, I would travel the world for the rest of my time!