Candles need to be treated well to ensure they live up to their full potential. The burning time of each candle can be dramatically shortened if they are not cared for as suggested.
Ensure wicks are trimmed regularly. They must not exceed 1cm as long and uneven wicks can emit smoke, cause rapid or irregular burning as well as dripping.
Refrain from burning the candle for longer than is written on the instructions attached with the candle. Wait until the whole surfaces becomes liquidised before extinguishing your candle and refrain from burning the candle.
Before the wax solidifies, reposition the wicks vertically to their original place and clean the inside of the candle to avoid the appearance of soot.
Store candles in a cool, dry place, preferably flat to prevent warping and out of direct sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, as this can cause fading. Dust, fingerprints and any dirt that has gathered on your candle, can be removed by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a damp soft cloth. To tackle tougher stains, such as wax drippings, run hot water over the surface to soften the wax and scrape to remove excess residue.
- Never leave a candle to burn unattended and keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Be sure the candle holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Refrain from burning a candle on or near flammable objects.
- Avoid burning candles in glass vessels that has not been specifically designed to hold candles. These may not able to withstand the changing temperatures that take place when they are lit.
- Extinguish candles when they get within two inches of their holders or decorations.
- Avoid hot wax spattering by holding your finger in front of the flame whilst blowing, the air will then go around your finger and extinguish the flame on both sides.
Please ensure you check any instructions that are provided with each specific candle to achieve the best results.
Whilst diffusers are relatively care-free, they still need to be used with caution:
- The aromatic oil usually contains alcohol and is therefore extremely flammable; ensure that diffusers are kept away from open flames at all times. Never attempt to light them unless specifically instructed to (as with catalytic diffusers).
- Do not display the product directly on polished, finished or fabric surfaces as damage can occur if the liquid is spilt.
- Keep them out of reach of children and pets at all times.